Dreaming of Japan? Yeah, we don't blame you – the East Asian island nation has some of the most beautiful scenery, captivating cities and fascinating history on the planet. But with so much to explore, it can be tricky to know where to start.
Luckily, publisher DK Eyewitness has got you covered when it comes to itinerary inspiration and insights into the country's culture with a new-look range of travel guides and coffee table books providing everything you need to know before (and after) you travel.
In fact, since its relaunch last summer, DK Eyewitness has released three great books for travellers to Japan, and we're giving away a bundle of all three to five lucky winners.
Be More Japan
Whether you want to learn a little bit more about Japanese folklore and art, or you're a seasoned Japanophile looking to showcase your love with a great-looking book for your coffee table, you'll want a copy of DK's new reference book Be More Japan. Each fact-filled page of Be More Japan will throw you straight into the serene, thrilling and sometimes bamboozling world of Shinto monks, anime, J-Pop, onsens, ramen, wildlife and contemporary art.
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Japan
If you're planning a longer trip to Japan, this is your ultimate companion. With tons of tips and itinerary recommendations for all kinds of traveller, it'll have you touring the streets of Tokyo, stepping back in time in Kyoto, hiking and skiing in the northernmost island of Hokkaido and diving with tropical fish beneath the water of the Okinawa archipelago. Not only does this book have all-new colour photography and 30 pages of alternative adventures to try, it's got a year-long calendar of events to plan your visit around, too.
Top 10 Tokyo
No trip to Japan is complete without a trip to its vibrant, modern capital city. And this unbeatable, pocket-sized guide is packed with must-know tips and ideas for your trip. Inside, there are nine easy-to-follow itineraries giving you enough to do in a day, a weekend or a whole week. A series of Top 10 lists help showcase some of Tokyo's best attractions, too – from Senso-ji Temple to the Edo-Tokyo Museum and more. Every copy comes with a free laminated pull-out map to help you explore.
Sounds good right? We think so, too. To be in with a chance of winning, all you need to do is answer the simple question below.
Find out more about the DK Eyewitness range at dk.com/travel
The question is: What is the capital of Japan?
Competition closes: 8th November 2019
Entrants must be aged 18 or over
Terms and conditions are subject to change.
1. This prize draw is open to UK residents (excluding Northern Ireland) aged 18 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
2. Entries must be received by Nov 8 2019. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries and entries via agents or third parties are invalid and will not be counted. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
3. Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
4. To enter, complete the competition entry form on this page. Personal details such as card or bank details should not be included. Any personal information sent to us will be deleted when the competition has closed.
5. All correctly completed entries will be entered into a prize draw which will take place on 9 November. The first entry drawn will be the winner.
6. The prize for the winner is: 1 copy of Be More Japan, 1 copy of DK Eyewitness Travel Guide to Japan, 1 copy of DK Eyewitness Top Ten to Tokyo published by DK Books
7. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
8. The winner will be notified via email or post by 17 October. The winner must claim their prize within 5 working days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
10. Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
11. By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
12. The Promoter is Dorling Kindersley Limited, 80 Strand, London WC2R 0RL.
13. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.