You've read about everything that Australia has to offer; now it's time to get out there and experience it for yourself. And the best way to do that? With an itinerary planned by one of Austravel's expert Travel Designers. Here are just a few examples of what they could plan for you.
Australian Signature Highlights – 20 Days
A classic Sydney, Uluru and Great Barrier Reef itinerary with a difference. Discover iconic Australia in depth, with plenty of time to explore and a selection of signature Austravel day tours included for a fuller experience. Stay in beautiful accommodation, selected for both its location and individuality, with extra time in Australia's most breathtaking highlights for a more laid-back pace.
- Enjoy a stay in the heart of Sydney and a BridgeClimb experience
- Stay in a beautiful vineyard estate in the lush Hunter Valley
- Soak up the culture and experience a helicopter flight over Uluru
- Embark on an exclusive four-night Great Barrier Reef cruise
From £6,399 pp, including flights with Etihad
Queensland Classic – 15 Days
Queensland is home to some of the world's most remarkable islands, beaches, reefs and other ocean splendours. Most visitors come to snorkel or dive the Great Barrier Reef, sail around the Whitsundays, find an island paradise, and explore world heritage rainforest. This 15-day itinerary gives you the opportunity to do all of these things, and at your own pace as you take a roadtrip between Brisbane and Cairns.
- Spend the day exploring Fraser Island, traversing sand dunes on a 4WD
- Explore some of the 74 tropical islands making up the idyllic Whitsundays
- Enjoy Magnetic Island, home to Australia's highest population of koalas
- Discover stunning Cairns, the gateway to tropical North Queensland
From £2,299 pp, including flights with Etihad
Australian Escape – 22 Days
Escape to Australia and enjoy an exciting three-week self-drive itinerary between Australia's favourite rival cities, Melbourne and Sydney. Cover a selection of the country's key highlights and a diverse range of landscapes as you travel along the coast experiencing the real Australia.
- Explore the cosmopolitan cities of Sydney and Melbourne in style
- Drive the iconic Great Ocean Road and visit the Grampians
- Get close to nature on Phillip Island and at Wilson's Promontory
- Stop at quaint towns and coastal retreats
From £3,729 pp, including flights with Etihad
When you're travelling that far, who you choose to fly with really matters. Etihad has partnered with Virgin Australia to help create multi-centre itineraries and offers a variety of services to help you get the most out of your holiday. Etihad offers three daily flights from London Heathrow and a twice-daily service from Manchester to Abu Dhabi with fast onward connections to Australia. On its state-of-the-art aircraft you'll enjoy hundreds of hours of entertainment including live news and sports channels with destination-inspired on-board dining.
For greater levels of comfort, upgrade to Business Class and enjoy spacious full flat beds, all with aisle access and a Dine Anytime menu presented by a Food & Beverage Manager to enjoy at your preferred time – a real benefit as you change time zones. Elsewhere, First Class offers a truly luxurious experience with spacious apartments on the A380 aircraft and an Inflight Chef. With flights to key Australian getaways and working in partnership with Austravel, Etihad is the perfect choice for your big adventure down under.